Our commitments. We will:
1. Identify, monitor and manage the existing and potential aspects of our operations that significantly impact on the environment in line with a culture of continual improvement.
2. Comply with relevant environmental legislation and other appropriate environmental requirements, seeking best environmental practice where it is viable to do so.
3. Strive to prevent pollution from our activities.
4. Be efficient with the resources that we use. This includes (but not exclusively) energy used in our buildings and for transport, glass, consumables, water, and packaging. Whilst maintaining quality, we aim to:
a. Rethink what we use and specify products that minimise environmental damage
b. Reduce what we use
c. Reuse what we can
d. Recycle what’s left
e. Restrict landfill waste to a minimum
5. Communicate and raise awareness of our environmental commitments amongst employees, customers, and the general public.
6. Provide the resources, training and information necessary for employees to comply with and implement this policy.
7. Work with suppliers and contractors to influence them positively in terms of our environmental policy.
8. Ensure that decisions made to undertake new activities are consistent with our environmental commitments.
9. Respect our neighbours by considering environmental impacts on the communities in which we operate, and promote open dialogue with them.